Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our New Home Sweet Home

12 days, 3 hotels in 3 different states and 3,000 miles later, we finally have a place to call our own. We rented this house sight unseen, with the exception of a walk through by a family member and a few pictures on line. Although it's only day 4, so far we are pretty content. A slow-moving freight train goes by the back fence about twice a day. The boys think that is just great because it looks like Brewster from Chuggington on the Disney channel. There were a lot of tears at bed time because we couldn't find a certain boy's music box. I finally found it buried in a box in Eli's room and last night was tear-free.
Our dryer won't work and I can't find the box that holds my coffee pot, but all things considered, I think we can call this move a success.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you all made it safely. Your new house looks nice.Cna't wait to read about your adventures in a new town. I love the name for your new blog. Welcome to the South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For that huge move, you are a miracle worker if you've only misplaced one item! I hope things go well, Southern Girl!

    ReplyDelete