Monday, February 21, 2011

Cowabunga, Dude!

Andy and I spent Sunday afternoon at the Kids' Museum with some friends from Charlotte. We missed the 'physical activity' exhibit during our last visit and Andy was very excited to embrace new opportunities. He entertained me with his antics on the surfboard, complete with classic
Andy facial expressions. In the words of Bart Simpson, "Cowabunga, dude!"
He can certainly roar like a lion when he feels like it. Check out those guns.

One of our favorites, the water feature complete with plastic boats. This area always makes me laugh. All the parents hover about, anxiously trying to prevent their children from getting too wet. Meanwhile, the children dodge said parents, trying to get as wet as possible.
I was glad there was at least one other boy plugging his finger in the end of the water hose and giggling with delight when it sprayed everyone around him. I just smiled to myself as the mothers of little girls frowned in dismay. Boys will be boys.

It wouldn't be a trip to the Kids' Museum if we didn't stop by the train table. It took some cajoling but I was able to entice him away from the trains without making a huge scene. We saved our dramatic presentation for the cars exhibit as well as the hockey rink. Man, this boy is d-ra-m-a-t-i-c.




1 comment: