Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bribery. It's What's For Dinner.

 There are some among us who prefer not to eat their dinner. Even if it is a dinner of their choosing (chicken nuggets shaped like dinosaurs). Even if his mother refused to give him a snack at 4pm. He still chooses to sit at the table and ignore his plate full of food, chattering away about every possible topic under the sun. I think he is waiting for his parents to come unglued. It's probably fun to watch our heads spin around. In an attempt to modify his behavior, said parents went with the controversial dessert bribe. What 5 year old can resist strawberries and cool whip dribbled over a still-warm-from-the-oven biscuit?
This 5 year old can. The good news is that he ate his dinner. But he wouldn't go near the dessert. He did, however, pause to stretch his hamstrings. I like his technique. I prefer to stretch a little before tackling my dessert. I guess the whole situation is a win-win but I am still completely baffled as to why eating is such a contentious issue. Sigh. It is so difficult to parent a smaller version of oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment