Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Forward

 I simply cannot believe it is spring. Instead of losing an hour, I feel like I have lost a couple of weeks! Wasn't it just Christmas? I have heard it said that the days are long but the years are short when raising children. I'm not exactly sure how we have filled our days, but here are a few of the highlights. We spent a quick 24 hours in Charlotte visiting Steve's family and sang happy birthday to our eldest niece.
 I feel like I live at the pediatric dentist. Everybody needed to go to the dentist. They went in petrified and came out smiling. Andy spent the next several hours reminding me that he needed to 'flosp'. I hate 'flosping' but maybe his enthusiasm will rub off on me.
 As the weather has improved we have enjoyed several sunny afternoons playing outside. This sand and water table is quite possibly the best $2 we ever spent. Every year I think it is on it's last legs and then the boys fall in love all over again and it survives another season.
 Like his brothers before him, Eli is fascinated with cars. Since we have about 500, there is a wide variety to choose from. He has battled repeat double ear infections and in a moment of weakness I let him bring his pacifier and his buddy out of his crib one day. Now he carries his buddy, his pacifier, and about 4 cars with him everywhere he goes. Oy.
On a sad note, my grandmother passed away last week and we are making preparations to celebrate her life. This picture is almost 10 years old, taken at our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. It is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment