Friday, August 31, 2012

Let's talk about change


It's Friday once again and I'm participating in the fastest, funnest, 5 minute free write (say that 5 times fast).
Click Here to join the fun.Topic of the day...

CHANGE

The sight of those six letters makes me both cringe and tremble with excitement. Depending on who you ask at my house, change is a dirty word or an opportunity for adventure. Three of my friends are embarking on giant life change in the next few weeks. As they have announced their plans to uproot their families away from the only homes their children have ever known, I've thought a lot about CHANGE this week. Why do we fear change? Is it the unknown that frightens? Is it the litany of questions that will be fired at us in rapid succession from all sides? Sometimes change reminds us of a time when we leaped before we looked, maybe took a risk and it didn't go so well. It was painful. Gut-wrenching. We have regrets. 
Even when it scares me and I think I can't do it, I perceive change as an opportunity and it excites me.






No comments:

Post a Comment